Welcome to the UConn Privacy Blog!

Welcome, welcome to the UConn Privacy Blog!

I am Rachel Krinsky Rudnick, the Assistant Director of Compliance and Privacy Officer here at the University of Connecticut.  I am new to this whole blogging thing, so please bear with me and be kind.

Through this blog I hope to connect with the greater UConn community and anyone else interested learning more and sharing information about Privacy, Data SecurityIdentity Theft Prevention and Records & Information Management.

I’ll be posting useful tips about Privacy, Identity Theft Prevention and Records & Information Management from time to time.  And I hope to also provide other links and tips from our Information Security Office that may be useful.

I encourage you to give me suggestions, provide me with feedback and ask whatever questions you might have about best practices and ways to protect yourself and others from identity theft.  Along the way, I’m also hoping that this blog will help educate and raise awareness about what privacy, particularly online, really means.

Want to contact me?   Feel free to post a reply, call me or email me.  Here’s my contact info:

Rachel Krinsky Rudnick, JD, CIPP/US
Assistant Director of Compliance/Privacy
Office of Audit, Compliance & Ethics
University of Connecticut
9 Walters Avenue, Unit 5084
Storrs, Connecticut 06269-5084

Phone: (860) 486-5256
Email: rachel.krinsky@uconn.edu