I’m back. Did you miss me?

After a brief hiatus, the UConn Privacy Blog is back.  Did you miss me?

Back from Hiatus
Image borrowed from https://toothybooks.wordpress.com

I thought, since I am refreshing this Blog, that I would remind you why I started it in the first place.  Here’s flashback to my very first post.

So why restart this now?  Well, a lot is going on in the privacy and data security world as we begin 2015.  Big Data, big breaches, living in the cloud, MOOCs, drones, wearable technologies and the Internet of Things.  I have thoughts.  And my colleagues out there in the privacy and data security world have thoughts.   It seemed like as good a time as any for me to time to start this Blog back up to share those thoughts and provide you with links, tips and other useful information about all-things-privacy going on around us in higher education where I sit, but also in this world around us that seems to be getting smaller and more interconnected, but more complicated in terms of managing expectations and personal control about us and our information all at the same time.  Man, that’s a mouthful!  Hopefully in revitalizing this Blog, I’ll be able to break down these issues and more.

Keep-Calm-Because-I-m-Back

So the long-and-short of it, I’m back at this Privacy Blogging Thing!  And just in time for Data Privacy Day.  I’ll have more on that tomorrow.

Have any topics you’d like to see me talk about? Interested in guest blogging or sharing your thoughts on Privacy, Data Security or Records Management?  Let me know.  I would love to hear from you.